We held the ceremony and reception at The Tea Room at Gambrill State Park in Frederick, MD (map and directions below). If you are considering having a wedding at the Tea Room, here is more information about getting married there and some vendor recommendations.
Click on the sun icon on the map above to get directions to the Tea Room. There are also signs directing you toward the Tea Room in the park. The left turnoff to the Tea Room is about 1.5 miles after you enter Gambrill State Park. If you’re using Google Maps, type in “Tea Room at Gambrill State Park” for your destination, not just “Gambrill State Park” to give you the most accurate directions.
Directions from Washington DC
- Take I-270 N for about 30 miles.
- In Frederick, I-270 N will turn into US-15/US-40 W. Keep straight.
- Take exit 13B to merge onto US-40 W / Baltimore National Pike / W Patrick St. Continue to follow US-40 W / Baltimore National Pike for about 5 miles.
- Turn right at Gambrill Park Rd (this turn is easy to miss!). Follow it for about 1.5 miles as you enter Gambrill State Park.
- You will reach a T in the road, with a sign that says, “Welcome High Knob Scenic Area” (see below). Take a left at this sign toward “Picnicking-Shelters, Nature Center, Tea Room”
- You will reach a loop. Follow the loop counterclockwise until you see the Tea Room (a stone building at the end of the loop). You’re here!